BILINGUAL CLINIC ASSISTANT
Posted: May 15, 2013
Scope of Responsibility:
Works under supervision of the Clinic Manager and the Clinical Director. A Clinic Assistant is responsible for carrying out a variety of medical office administrative and clinical duties essential to daily clinic operation.
- Works with other Women’s Health staff and volunteers in a team-oriented approach.
- Performs a variety of office functions including: answering phones, scheduling appointments, reception duties and computer entry.
- Provides health care information to women in the areas of abortion, gynecology, and family planning.
- Dispenses medications as prescribed.
- Maintains patient records through consistent and accurate documentation.
- Assists Practitioners in patient education, history, care, and set-up of exam rooms.
- Performs on-site lab tests including, but not limited to: weight, vital signs and pregnancy tests.
- Assists in training volunteers and new staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Additional training may be provided as required.
- Must support reproductive freedom.
- General knowledge of medical office duties and reproductive health issues preferred.
- Previous training as clinical assistant in women’s health clinic preferred.
- Requires ability to prioritize.
- Requires communication and customer service skills and basic computer knowledge.
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent and 18 years or older.
- Bilingual (Spanish) required.
- Experience with NextGen preferred.
- Hours Monday-Saturday on a set schedule. Average hours for this position will range from 25-36 per week depending on applicant’s availability and schedule needs. Full time hours available soon.
- Hours available are primarily at our Boulder location–some shifts at our Longmont site will be required.
- Position will include additional meeting hours (approximately 1-2 hours/per week)
$13.52 / hour
Eligible for health insurance benefits
Please submit resume and letter of interest electronically ( .pdf or Word)
Applications missing a letter of interest or resume will not be considered.
No phone calls.
SUBSTITUTE BILINGUAL ABORTION COUNSELOR
Hourly rate: $19.40
Provide short-term empathetic, non-judgmental counseling for Spanish and English speaking abortion patients. Support ethical process, decision-making; address relationship issues, religious and/or values conflict; assess coping skills, support system, and resolution around decision. Provide understanding and emotional support for patients. Explain procedure, risks and informed consent. Counsel patients on various birth control methods. Training, as needed, will be provided.
Will work a minimum of one, and up to every, Friday per month and will attend other meetings as required.
- Master’s Degree in counseling or related field; graduate student considered;
- Experience in women’s counseling or health care preferred;
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required;
- Flexibility in Friday scheduling;
Send resume and cover letter to Karen DeClerk, BVWHC, 2855 Valmont Rd,
Boulder, CO 80301 or email@example.com.