Supervisor: Clinical Director
Hours: Full time non-exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Case Manager administers the breast and cervical cancer screening program and provides case management and follow up for referrals to outside agencies. The Case Manger coordinates and documents completed visits for general referrals to outside health care providers. The Case Manager assists with coordination of no scalpel vasectomy follow up, and permanent contraception, such as Essure. Duties may change and/or expand based on needs of the clinic.
The Mission of Women’s Health is to provide accessible, confidential, and comprehensive gynecological and reproductive healthcare, including sexual health services and education.
Scope of Responsibility
1. Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening
Determines eligibility and enrolls patients into appropriate programs and emergency Medicaid system when necessary. Enters and maintains patient’s data in spreadsheets and eCAST. Monitors eCaST reports to ensure compliance. Communicates with patients through reminder calls and letters. Reconciles and processes program billing and reimbursements. Documents information in patient’s electronic medical record. Attends relevant meetings in Denver, Boulder, and Broomfield areas regarding Breast Cancer Coalitions. Participates in webinars and meetings from Women’s Wellness Connection to assure program compliance.
2. Case Management
Maintains follow-up systems for all general referrals of patients to other providers such as dermatology, family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, or mental health. The Case Manager (CM) must follow protocols to assure follow up is completed within specific guidelines.
The Case Manager requests and receives records from outside medical practices. The CM must have clear phone communication skills, and be able to assist patients who have barriers to health care such as language or disabilities.
3. No Scalpel Vasectomy
Maintains a follow up system to record sperm checks and needed follow-up visits according to protocols. The CM must coordinate referrals, follow-up phone calls or other needed information regarding Spanish-speaking patients.
4. Permanent Contraception
Completes post procedure follow-up calls and completes documentation on spreadsheets. Notifies patients of completion of diagnostic procedures with results.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Supports Reproductive Freedom
- Bachelors degree in social work or related field or equivalent experience
- Work experience with patients in women’s health or related field preferred
- Requires ability to prioritize
- Must have computer knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet use
- Requires excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of individuals and situations
- Requires attention to detail and documentation skills
- Must be a self starter and have a team approach to work ethic and environment
- Must have reliable transportation
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Please send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by April 12, 2013.
SUBSTITUTE BILINGUAL ABORTION COUNSELOR
Hourly rate: $19.40
Provide short-term empathetic, non-judgmental counseling for Spanish and English speaking abortion patients. Support ethical process, decision-making; address relationship issues, religious and/or values conflict; assess coping skills, support system, and resolution around decision. Provide understanding and emotional support for patients. Explain procedure, risks and informed consent. Counsel patients on various birth control methods. Training, as needed, will be provided.
Will work a minimum of one, and up to every, Friday per month and will attend other meetings as required.
- Master’s Degree in counseling or related field; graduate student considered;
- Experience in women’s counseling or health care preferred;
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required;
- Flexibility in Friday scheduling;
Send resume and cover letter to Karen DeClerk, BVWHC, 2855 Valmont Rd,
Boulder, CO 80301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.