Stay informed and take action on laws and policies affecting reproductive rights and health!
Sign up here to receive the bi-weekly Advocacy & Action e-newsletter delivered straight to your Inbox.
Representatives Barbara Lee (D-CA), Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), and Colorado’s own Diana DeGette (D-CO), have introduced the EACH Woman Act (Equal Access to Abortion Coverage in Health Insurance), which would remove the Hyde Amendment and other federal abortion restrictions that prevent many women from having the same coverage for abortion services that most women with private insurance have. The bill was introduced with more than 70 original cosponsors.
The EACH Woman Act restores full abortion coverage to the following groups:
- Medicaid, Medicare, and Children’s Health Insurance enrollees;
- Federal employees and their dependents;
- Peace Corps volunteers;
- Native Americans receiving health care from the Indian Health Service;
- Women in federal prisons and detention centers, including those detained for immigration purposes; and,
- Low-income women in the District of Columbia.
Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center is a member of the National Network of Abortion Funds and the All* Above All coalition, which have endorsed the EACH Woman Act. We look forward to a day when all women can access the full range of family planning and sexual health services regardless of income, insurance status, or geography.
Take Action! Tell your Congressperson to support the EACH Woman Act.