At Women’s Health, our Medical Director is a board-certified Obstetrician/Gynecologist (OB/GYN) who specializes in gynecology and is available to provide a full range of gynecological care — everything from treatment for an abnormal Pap smear to questions about menopause. Some of the specialized gynecological services she provides include:
- Colposcopy: a high powered microscope is used to look at the cervix, vagina, and vulva. Colposcopy information and after-care instructions.
- LEEP (Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure): a type of treatment for abnormal cervical cells that uses an electrical wire loop to remove abnormal cells. LEEP information and after-care instructions.
- Cryosurgery: a type of treatment for abnormal cervical cells that uses a freezing technique to remove abnormal cells. Cryosurgery information and after-care instructions.
- Endometrial Biopsy: a procedure in which a tissue sample is taken from the lining of the uterus, and is checked under a microscope for any abnormal cells. Endometrial Biopsy information and after-care instructions.
- Vulvar Biopsy: a procedure performed to diagnose lesions of the vulvar skin. Vulvar Biopsy information and after-care instructions.
Patients are referred to our gynecologist by our Nurse Practitioners, as well as by other doctors in the community.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
To schedule an appointment for either Boulder or Longmont, please call the main clinic line: 303-442-5160.
For most appointments, Women’s Health uses Next Day Scheduling. To schedule an appointment, call us the business day before you would like to come to the clinic—Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday at 9am or Thursday at 2pm to schedule an appointment for the following day. To schedule an appointment for Monday, please call Friday at 9am. Call us early in the day for the best availability because appointments are scheduled on a first call, first serve basis. If you experience an extraordinary situation where you cannot access our Next Day Scheduling, please call during business hours Monday-Friday to speak with a staff member.
Same-day and Walk-in appointments are available for Emergency contraception (the “morning-after pill”) and Birth Control refills only. Although no appointment is necessary, waiting time may be longer.
How to Pay for your Appointment:
Women’s Health accepts Medicaid and most major insurance plans.
For uninsured patients, we offer a sliding fee scale based on income for most services. Proof of income is required to determine eligibility. If you are uninsured and eligible for health insurance, we ask that you meet with our enrollment specialist prior to receiving services.
Payment is due on your appointment day. Your payment must be made with cash, MasterCard, Discover Card or VISA, personal check, a cashier’s check or a money order. We do not accept American Express.