Volunteers have been an essential part of Women’s Health since its start. Many of our staff began their careers at Women’s Health as clinic volunteers, coming first to explore a chosen field or contribute to a meaningful cause, and staying because of the gratifying nature of the work. Our Board of Directors volunteer their time to provide oversight, planning and support.
Women’s Health offers a variety of volunteer positions for people who are interested in working in our clinic, and for volunteers who fill focused volunteer positions (see examples at left). The Volunteer Services Coordinator works with volunteers to tailor the volunteer position to fit the needs of both the Center and our volunteers.
We have volunteer opportunities for everyone — adults and teens. Women’s Health does not discriminate. All genders are encouraged to volunteer.
We are also seeking volunteers who are willing to provide support for various one-time projects, such as research, bulk mailings, data entry, event planning and support.
Please contact Erin with your specific questions about volunteering at Women’s Health.
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Receive training in reproductive health;
- Learn about healthcare careers;
- Assist in a variety of tasks (including both medical and administrative duties) as interest and need dictate;
- Provide support to Women’s Health staff in specific volunteer positions.
We Ask That You . . .
- Support reproductive justice;
- Attend all orientation sessions;
- Make a 6-month commitment;
- Want a challenging and meaningful volunteer experience.
Volunteer orientation sessions are held three times a year. The next orientation will be held January 23-26, 2014. The last day to apply for this session is January 10th.
Return application and your resume as an attachment to email@example.com, or mail to Women’s Health, 2855 Valmont, Boulder, CO 80301, ATTN: Erin.