- Drink more water up until your appointment. Being well hydrated will help your body recover faster.
- Wear comfortable clothing (sweats, easy-off shoes) and regular underwear for a menstrual pad (no thongs).
- Do not bring children with you. If you bring children under the age of 10 to your appointment, we will reschedule you.
- Bring only one support person. Your support person may keep you company in the waiting room but may not be present in the procedure room or recovery room. At times, you may be in counseling, the procedure, or our recovery room for several minutes to an hour or more. During these times, your support person may want to leave the clinic and return later.
- Prepare to wait. Most patients can have their procedure completed in one appointment lasting somewhere between three to five hours. However, depending on how many weeks pregnant you are, you may need to be given a medication called misoprostol to help soften your cervix before the procedure. This may add an additional hour to your appointment time.
Because most people will be in the clinic for several hours, we suggest you bring a good book and expect that some of your time will be spent just waiting.
- Plan on paying with cash, a cashier’s check, money order, MasterCard, Discover Card or VISA. We DO NOT accept American Express or personal checks. Payment is required at the time of your appointment. If you are using a credit card, the person whose name is on the card must be present to sign.
If you are over 14 weeks by ultrasound, or if there is some other reason we cannot perform an abortion for you, we will only expect payment for the services you have received.
- Confirm your appointment! Call us at 303-442-5160 and speak with our scheduling staff or leave a message by 1:00 pm the Wednesday before your appointment, or we will cancel your appointment.
For In-Clinic abortion procedures only:
- Find a ride to and from our clinic. We cannot give you narcotics or IV sedation if you do not have a verifiable ride available to pick you up in a timely manner after your appointment. If you do not have a ride home, your only pain medication option will be 800 mg Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin). You may NOT take a taxi home unaccompanied.
- Food and drink: Eat a normal breakfast and/or lunch and drink extra fluids prior to your appointment.